Information and links for Aboriginal Childcare Centres and Playgroups, Aboriginal Best Start support sites, the Childcare Subsidy program and Koorie Kids Shine - to promote participation for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander children in kindergarten.
- Berrimba Childcare Centre
- Bubup Wilam Aboriginal Child & Family Centre
- Dala Yooro
- Gunai Lidj
- Lullas Children & Family Centre
- Yappera Childrens Service Co-operative Ltd
- Black Cockatoos - Goolum Goolum
- Milla Milla Playgroup
- VACCA’s Koorie Kids Playgroup
- Willan Playgroup - Winda-Mara Aboriginal Corporation
- Bush Playgroup - Willum Warrain
- Oonah Playgroup
Aboriginal Best Start
Best Start is an early years initiative to support families and caregivers to provide the best possible environment, experiences and care for children from birth to age 8.
Aboriginal Best Start projects have been established to make sure that local Aboriginal communities and organisations are given every possible opportunity to influence outcomes for their children and families.
The six Aboriginal Best Start sites are:
- Goolum Goolum Services
- Ramahyuck District Aboriginal Corporation
- East Gippsland Shire Council
- Wathaurong Aboriginal Co-operative
- Njernda Aboriginal Corporation
- Dandenong and District Aboriginal Co-operative
The Child Care Subsidy (CCS) is the main way the Australian Government helps families with child care fees. This subsidy is paid directly to the childcare provider and reduces the fees that you pay. For more information on CCS check out Services Australia. There is also an additional child care subsidy you may be entitled to, find out more information here.
Koorie Kids Shine
Koorie Kids Shine was launched by the Victorian Government to help promote participation by Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander children in kindergarten. This program assists aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families in accessing up to 15 hours of free or low cost kindergarten each week. You can find more information on the Vctorian Government's page Koorie Kids Shine.